Child Welfare Training Benefits & Features
NTI enables Child Welfare Agencies to engage effectively with children, youth, and families who’ve experienced trauma, loss and grief.
The modular web-based training is 20 hours (see Curricula Overview) and focuses on case work practices and professional skills for staff across the child welfare continuum to promote child well-being, permanency and family stability for children living with foster, adoptive or guardianship families. Child Welfare Supervisors will receive an additional 3 hours of training and a “Supervisor Coaching and Activity Guide” to support staff in applying learning to daily practice. See Transfer of Learning.
Advantages and Benefits of NTI:
- Piloted with over 6,000 Child Welfare Professionals, participants experienced significant knowledge gains on all training modules and reported improvements to their casework practice.
- Provides standardized training for Child Welfare Professionals.
- Teaches skills that are trauma informed, consistent with the Family First Act.
- Emphasizes strategies that address multiple CFSR outcomes, including placement stability, preservation of family connections, and services to meet mental health needs.
- Approved by NASW for continuing education credits.
NTI supports Family First and CFSR Goals:
NTI helps organizations comply with the Family First Act requirement for a skilled, competent, and trauma-informed workforce.
Learn about specific organizational benefits, and download this helpful document to share with others: click HERE.
NTI will help professionals in these ways and more:
- Focus on addressing the behavioral and mental health needs of children and youth to enhance their well-being.
- Enhance professional skills needed to promote stability and permanency for children, youth, and their families from their entry into the child welfare system to post-adoption or guardianship.
- Go beyond available trainings to focus on trauma-informed, attachment-based casework skills you can apply in your daily work.
- Increase knowledge of the complexities of adoption, kinships and guardianship that relate to many other facets in your work.
Features of NTI Training:
- Free web-based interactive training – enables you to engage completely…participants rave it “holds your interest!”
- Learn at your own pace – pause with opportunities for reflection.
- All participants are active and engaged – activities using real life scenarios, case vignettes, and videos of people with actual lived experience and experts in the field.
- Free downloadable resources – enhance a deeper dive into learning essentials.