Child Welfare Training Benefits & Features
The modular web-based training is 20 hours and focuses on case work practices and professional skills for staff across the child welfare continuum to promote child well-being, permanency and family stability for children living with foster, adoptive or guardianship families. Child Welfare Supervisors will receive an additional 3 hours of training and a “Supervisor Coaching and Activity Guide” to support staff in applying learning to daily practice. See Transfer of Learning.
How else will this training benefit you?
NTI is “NASW Approved” for Continuing Education and will help you:
- Focus on addressing the behavioral and mental health needs of children and youth to enhance their well-being.
- Enhance professional skills needed to promote stability and permanency for children, youth, and their families from their entry into the child welfare system to post-adoption or guardianship.
- Go beyond available trainings to focus on trauma-informed, attachment-based casework skills you can apply in your daily work.
- Increase knowledge of the complexities of adoption, kinships and guardianship that relate to many other facets in your work.
Features of NTI Training:
- Free web-based interactive training – enables you to engage completely…participants rave it “holds your interest!”
- Learn at your own pace – pause with opportunities for reflection.
- All participants are active and engaged – activities using real life scenarios, case vignettes, and videos of people with actual lived experience and experts in the field.
- Free downloadable resources – enhance a deeper dive into learning essentials.