Mental Health Training Benefits & Features
The Mental Health curriculum is 25 hours and provides clinical skills and therapeutic approaches for clinicians working directly with children, youth and their foster, adoptive and guardianship families. Content is relevant for professionals working with families experiencing child welfare, private/domestic and inter-country adoption. Eleven evidence-based and evidence-informed models that can be used with this population are also discussed.
How else will this training benefit you?
NTI is “NASW Approved” for Continuing Education, and NTI…
- Goes beyond available training on trauma, with focus on clinical practice to effectively address core underlying issues of adoption (e.g., attachment, grief and loss, identity formation).
- Develops and applies specialty clinical assessment and therapeutic parenting strategies.
- Provides current evidence-based practices for work with children and their families in adoptive and guardianship placements.
- Helps you gain foundational knowledge, values, and skills for adoption competent practice.
Features of NTI Training:
- Free web-based interactive training – participants from the pilot raved in feedback that it really hold your interest!
- Learn at your own pace – pause with opportunities for reflection.
- All participants are active and engaged – activities using real life scenarios, case vignettes, and videos of people with actual lived experience and experts in the field.
- Free downloadable resources – enhance a deeper dive into learning essentials.