Salary: Senior level • Hours: Full Time • Office Location: Burtonsville, MD • Start Date: Summer 2020
The Center for Adoption Support and Education (C.A.S.E.) is seeking a highly-skilled, dynamic and strategic leader to drive high-impact marketing, communications and development strategies. These strategies should be targeted to advance inclusive and sustained revenue and brand visibility growth in C.A.S.E. networks on a local, national and global level.
The ideal candidate will:
- Utilize proven skills to develop and manage the overall marketing and communications strategies for the organization
- Lead C.A.S.E.’s marketing and communications team
- Collaborate with C.A.S.E.’s fundraising development team
- Develop and drive forward-thinking strategies and execute campaigns to increase awareness and usage of C.A.S.E.’s programs, products and services
- Serve as core member of C.A.S.E.’s senior leadership team
- Create messaging and campaigns around business development and fundraising goals in collaboration with C.A.S.E.’s senior leadership team
- Serve as the lead interpreter of C.A.S.E.’s story across all platforms to promote C.A.S.E.’s position as a thought leader, trusted resource
About Center for Adoption Support and Education (C.A.S.E.)
C.A.S.E.’ is a national leader in mental health services for the adoption and foster care community. C.A.S.E.’s mission is improving the lives of children who have been adopted or in foster care and their families through counseling, lifelong education, and a growing national network of trained professionals.
Established in 1998 to provide post-adoption counseling and education services to families in Maryland, Northern Virginia, Washington, D.C. and New York, C.A.S.E. has become the nation’s foremost expert in pre- and post-adoption services, educational resources, and training in adoption competency for professionals. C.A.S.E. specializes in treating the mental health needs of the foster, adoption and kinship care community with a full understanding of adoption as a lifelong process; our programs focus on helping children and families from a wide variety of foster care and adoptive backgrounds to receive understanding and support that will enable them to be successful. C.A.S.E. accomplishes its mission through counseling, training and education, community building, youth development, and research and advocacy.
C.A.S.E. is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit provider of pre- and post-adoption support, directly serving more than 6,300 counseling clients to date through our seven offices in the Baltimore and Washington, D.C. metro areas and Albany, N.Y. C.A.S.E strives to serve all families regardless of ability to pay.
Through our national training programs and curricula development, C.A.S.E. has trained over 10,000 mental health professionals and child welfare workers in 22 states, expanding the use of best practices, and raising national awareness and understanding of the unique challenges associated with adoption, foster and kinship care.
C.A.S.E is seeking a seasoned and inventive VP of National Marketing and Communications with high energy and an entrepreneurial spirit to broaden awareness, national and global recognition and donor support for the organization. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to establish and maintain partnerships at all levels, and successfully deliver marketing and communications to C.A.S.E.’s target audiences across all platforms.
- Build and lead communications and marketing teams that are highly motivated by the mission
- Develop and implement overall marketing vision, strategy and execution plans
- Manage departmental budgets
- Develop and regularly update a comprehensive and integrated public relations, marketing and communications plan with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines to achieve annual budget goals and long-term sustainability
- Advise and collaborate with Director of Development on annual philanthropic plan that increases raised revenue across all philanthropic channels (email and online fundraising, peer-to-peer fundraising, direct mail, major gifts, public and private grants, annual fund, planned giving, events)
- Oversee implementation of philanthropic plan in relation to integrated, multi-channel strategy, particularly with respect to digital , email and online fundraising, peer-to-peer fundraising and events
- Advise and collaborate with Directors of National Training Institute and Program Operations on sales and marketing of C.A.S.E. publications, education and training products, programs and clinical services
- Advance brand identity, expand audience base, drive growth, engagement and awareness of C.A.S.E. programs and case for charitable support across digital platforms to increase revenue
- Position C.A.S.E. as a national thought leader in the adoption, kinship and foster care fields via media, development of network of national advisors/advocates, strategic partnerships, advocacy, speaking engagements and publications
- Incubate innovative solutions to engage donors, clients, customers, volunteers, partners, key influencers and stakeholders
- Represent C.A.S.E. with external constituents at strategic meetings, conferences, speaking engagements, social and other opportunities to increase brand visibility and reach
- Generate engaging content for stakeholders, funders, donors, clients and customers that is consistent with the organization’s mission and brand
- Maintain and share up-to-date knowledge of best practices, opportunities and challenges
- Provide vision and oversight to enhance and maintain the efficacy and quality of the C.A.S.E. website and digital presence
- Lead and constructively contribute to a variety of internal and external meetings including Board of Directors, management meetings, staff meetings
Education and/or Experience
- 10 – 12 years of progressively responsible executive leadership experience in marketing and communications, fundraising, identifying and fostering partnerships at the local and national level in a nonprofit, public sector or for-profit context
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field preferred
- 8+ years’ experience managing multiple direct reports
- Working knowledge of national networks and organizations that support adoption and foster care, mental health care big plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A commitment to the mission of C.A.S.E. and ability to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of C.A.S.E. to external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude for collaboration
- Possess a network of national partnerships with proven ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholders (partners, Board, major donors, corporate executives, government and community leaders)
- Extensive experience in development of comprehensive marketing /communications plans
- Experience owning, growing and actively managing budgets (including shared budgets with partners)
- Extensive project management skills including timelines, model and initiative execution strategies and the ability to relay needs of projects to others
- Demonstrated skills in motivating staff while managing their performance
- Exhibit strong analytical skills, using data to set goals and inform decision-making
- Proven track record achieving revenue goals
- Demonstrated experience with media/press or communications activities and public speaking
- Strong writing, editing and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities to create national brand awareness
- Experienced with public relations, content marketing and event marketing
- Track record building digital presence and digital operations
- Ability to critically assess challenges, identify effective solutions and execute accordingly
- High level of computer skills (i.e., Google, Slack, Microsoft Office, CRM/Database Donor perfect , Constant contact) and fluent in social media and marketing (Note – C.A.S.E. currently uses DonorPerfect and Constant Contact)
- Ability to domestically travel 20-25% of the time
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The salary is accompanied by a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off and a 403b plan with an employer match.
Interested applicants should send an email including resume/LinkedIn page or professional bio and digital cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.