Most parents want their children to reap the benefits of strong, positive sibling relationships. Sibling relationships are oftentimes one of the longest relationships a person will have in their lifetime. Being brought up together with the same parents and a shared history can offer the potential for a unique relationship based on love, friendship, common memories and similar experiences.
In this webinar, C.A.S.E. Clinical Supervisor will focus on how the complexities involved in foster care and adoption impact family dynamics and the relationships of siblings who are being raised together in the same family.
LIVE Webinar Event Thursday, June 13th 1PM – 2:30PM EST
Extended Access Available June 13th – July 11th
Ms. Zimmerman will address:
- What is it like when new children come into the home?
- How does fostering or the adoption of a child with special needs impact the children (by birth, foster care or adoption) already in the home?
- The unique experience of birth children in a family expanding through foster care/adoption
- How to prepare and support children already in the home
- How to manage parental feelings/reactions to changes in family dynamics and sibling relationship challenges
- Relationships between children’s siblings and their “separated” birth siblings
- When professional assistance is needed
For Professionals Only
If you would like to receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) we now require you to pay the $15.00 webinar registration fee for each webinar.
For Virginia Case Management Recipients
Are you receiving Virginia case management services? Please use CASEVA at checkout to redeem your free registration.
Thanks to Jockey Being Family, Jockey International we are now able to provide FREE registration to the first 400 registrants! Free registration is now FULL. You can still register & receive LIVE and extended access for just $15. All registrants will receive 30-day extended access and exclusive bonus materials only available through this webinar. Sign up for our e-newsletter and be first to know about the release of our coupon code!