Imagine working in a dynamic nonprofit organization which integrates best practice and innovation to meet the needs of the foster and adoption community across the D.C. metro region and nationwide. The Center for Adoption Support and Education (C.A.S.E.) is celebrating 20 years as a premier mental health organization providing highly specialized services for children, teens and their families.
C.A.S.E. has partnered with the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Children’s Bureau to create, The National Adoption Competency Mental Health Training Initiative (NTI), a federally funded cooperative agreement. NTI is developing web-based training for child welfare professionals and mental health professionals to enhance their capacity to address the complex mental health needs of children and families who are moving toward or have achieved adoption or guardianship.
NTI is seeking a growth oriented Implementation Outreach Specialist to work closely with the NTI Implementation Specialists, NTI Director, NTI Marketing Project Manager and the Administrative Assistant to plan for and execute national implementation of piloted NTI web-based training curricula in state/tribal/territory (STT) child welfare systems, STT mental health systems, large agencies and national training partners. Specialists are home-based and work remotely.
• A Master’s Degree, in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Human Services.
• 10 years’ experience in child welfare, permanency planning, adoption/guardianship, or mental health areas of practice.
• Experience with large-scale training initiatives, preferably online, at the community/state level.
• Experience in cross-systems initiatives is highly desirable.
• Understanding of implementation science
• Understanding of child welfare or mental health systems. Strong working knowledge of child welfare and mental health concepts and language including trauma and attachment
• Skill in reviewing, using and collecting data to support project success
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and complete work products independently
• Demonstrated proficiency with Windows based PC environment and Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, WORD, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated proficiency in conducting webinars
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with a wide audience of internal and external parties.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write reports and give oral presentations.
• Good organizational skills including attention to detail and follow-through.
• Good basic arithmetic skills including attention to detail and follow-through.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and changing demands with diplomacy and decorum.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external clientele at all levels of employees and management, existing and potential customers, contractors, vendors, and agencies.
• Ability to work in and constructively contribute to a harmonious cross-functional team work environment.
• Ability to strategically identify and define problem areas, seek creative and effective solutions.
• Ability to facilitate meetings.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Ability to manage data and track activities using project management software
• Ability to facilitate and manage meetings both in-person and via Skype/GoToMeeting/Zoom
• Ability to travel.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Competitive benefits including medical, sick leave and vacation, 403(B) retirement and short/long term disability. Flexible hours.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and state NTI in the subject line.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe deeply in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Our passionate and dedicated staff and Board of Directors are guided by the following core values:
• Commitment to Empowerment and Collaboration
• Culture of Innovation and Excellence
• Dedication to Inclusivity and Accountability
CLOSES: When Filled