Human Resources Associate
Full-time, Human Resources Associate to work (hybrid) out of either our Annandale or Burtonsville offices. This position is ideal for you if you are looking for an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment, to create new human resources initiatives and provide the best-in-class customer service and support to employees throughout the country.
When you join the C.A.S.E. Team you will be tasked with projects to support employee engagement efforts including onboarding, orientation, and various other company-wide programs and initiatives. The Human Resources Coordinator will play a significant role in the overall success of the department and ensure confidentiality and compliance through employee data management and other administrative tasks.
The Human Resources Associate aids with the facilitation of all human resources processes. Responsible for providing assistance in all areas of the agency’s Human Resources function including, but limited to full cycle employment, compensation and benefits, performance management, employee relations, policies and procedures, EEO, AAP, and other compliance requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Full Cycle Employment:
- Assist in maintaining an effective and compliant staffing and recruitment program.
- Assist in preparing job postings and posts on appropriates commercial, college and industry sites
- Works directly with candidates and managers to facilitate the interview and selection process.
- Ensures relevant documents are complete, accurate and properly and maintained for personnel files, e.g., applicant records, pre-employment screening, interview assessments.
- Assist with new employee on-boarding activities including orientation, benefits enrollment, and information for payroll set-up. Maintains personnel records (inclusive of file with licensures, background info, fingerprint info, etc.).
- Assist in facilitating all exit processes for employee and managers and does all follow-up activities.
- Provides public information such as verifying employment.
- Assist in responding to unemployment claims and takes needed action.
B. Compensation and Benefits and Performance Management:
- Assist in management and administration of health and welfare benefit plans
- Audits monthly invoices, resolves discrepancies.
- Serves as a resource to all employees regarding benefits to ensure they understand them and to assist if there are problems.
- Assist in managing disability (and other) leaves. Serves as a resource to employees and works with insurance carrier on claims. Coordinates and communicates with payroll and managers as needed.
- Assist in managing all workers comp claims including associated leaves of absence.
- Assist in managing and administration of the 403(b) plan.
- Assist in planning and scheduling 403(b) education meetings, preparing enrollments, disbursements, rollovers, and transfers.
- Assist in ensuring that all probationary and annual reviews are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintains and updates job descriptions as needed.
C. Employee Relations:
- Collaborates with agency committees on DEI and other values-based initiatives.
- Assist with all employee events.
- Provides assistant with all employee recognition initiatives, i.e., birthdays, anniversaries, appreciation initiatives, etc.
- Serves as chair of Staff Engagement Committee and ensures that the Director is kept abreast of all activities.
D. General and Liability Insurance:
- Assist in obtaining and maintenance for all general and liability insurance needs of the agency including, but not limited to: professional liability, Directs and Officers liability, property and casualty insurance and Workers Comp.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends a variety and internal and external meetings such as: committee meetings, staff meetings, broker/benefits meetings, etc.
- Ensures that all required employment postings are current in all office locations.
- Assist in communication, interpretation, and administration of policies, procedures and practices as needed.
- Performs other related duties as may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Human Resources including but not limited to employee benefits management and administration; full cycle recruitment; employee recognition and engagement.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Windows based PC environment and Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with a wide audience of internal and external parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent basic arithmetic skills including attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and changing demands with diplomacy and decorum.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external clientele; all levels of staff and management; existing and potential clients, customers, contractors, vendors, and agencies.
- Ability to work in and constructively contribute to a harmonious cross-functional teamwork environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Salary & Benefits:
– Salary; $60-65k – Vacation leave, Sick leave, Holiday leave
– Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
– 403(B) retirement plan options with employer matching contributions
– Short-term disability, long term disability and life insurance (employer paid)
– Flexible work hours to include options to telework.
– Opportunities for continuing education.
– Supplemental Benefits (i.e., accidental coverage, hospital coverage, higher education tuition investment options, higher education loan payment options)
If interested: Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com and state Human Resources Associate in the subject line.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe deeply in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Our passionate and dedicated staff and Board of Directors are guided by the following core values:
- Commitment to Empowerment
- Collaboration Culture of Innovation and Excellence
- Dedication to Inclusivity and Accountability
C.A.S.E. maintains a smoke and drug-free workplace.