The Center for Adoption Support and Education (C.A.S.E.) is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to join our team. Responsible for providing administrative support to the CEO. The Executive Assistant works with management, staff, donors and the board of trustees to support C.A.S.E.’s mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Completes a broad variety of administrative and logistic projects and tasks for the CEO including but not limited to:
1. Provides administrative support to the CEO, including but not limited to detailed calendar management, expense report management, invitation coordination and travel coordination.
2. Coordinates meetings, including attendee management, materials preparation, room set-up and issue resolution.
3. Maintains filing system.
4. Assist with special projects and other general office tasks as needed.
5. Works closely with the management team to ensure cohesive communication with CEO and Mgt team.
6. Ensures all forms of contact are up to date.
7. Assist in conference planning as needed.
8. Prepares correspondences in the form of email, letters and memos for the CEO’s reviews, edits and signature.
9. May assist with various aspects of contract proposals, renewals and execution, grant reports as directed.
10. May provide input to and monitoring of various budgets; resolving discrepancies if necessary.
11. Plans, schedules and supports a wide variety of meetings and training sessions such as, board of directors, management, contractor, stakeholders Ensures agenda is prepared and disseminated. Takes minutes at designated meetings and distributes thereafter. Maintains electronic file of the same.
12. Serves as the CEO’s primary administrative liaison to the board of directors. Plans, prepares and disseminates materials and agendas; takes and distributes meeting minutes in either or both electronic/paper format. Maintains both computer and hardcopy files.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. May occasionally require flexible hours and/or schedule in order to attend and/or actively support annual gala, golf tournament, KAN conference or special CEO related meetings.
2. Develops, interprets, and administers standard operating procedures and practices within scope of authority, and communicates to relevant internal and external parties, as needed.
3. Keeps CEO share drive and hardcopy files organized and up-to-date.
4. Performs other related duties as may be required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Technology or related field is highly desirable.
• Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years experience as an administrative assistant at the executive and/or senior management level.
• Prior work experience in a private non-profit environment is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Thorough working knowledge of contemporary business office and the ability to apply the concepts to a non-profit mental health environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Windows based PC environment and Microsoft Office 365 software such as PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel. Ability to aptly navigate and proficiently use SharePoint and Office 365 is strongly preferred.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external clientele; all levels of staff and management; board of directors, funders contractors, vendors, and agencies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly define, articulate and document procedures and processes.
• Excellent organizational and basic arithmetic and skills including attention to accuracy, detail and follow-through, recordkeeping and deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, define and resolve problems
• Ability to proactively seek creative and effective solutions to a wide variety of issues while seeking management guidance when necessary.
• Ability to work as a self-starter and perform independently on a routine basis with minimal instruction on assigned tasks and/or projects.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and changing demands with diplomacy and decorum.
• Ability to work in and constructively contribute to a harmonious cross-functional team work environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information and material.
C.A.S.E. offers a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 403 (B) retirement plan, life and disability insurance, generous paid leave, opportunity for professional development and a friendly, flexible work environment. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, salary requirements and resume firstname.lastname@example.org.