Imagine a working in a dynamic nonprofit organization which integrates best practice and innovation to meet the needs of the foster and adoption community across the D.C. metro region and nationwide. The Center for Adoption Support and Education (C.A.S.E.) is celebrating 20 years as a premier mental health organization providing highly specialized services for children, teens and their families. C.A.S.E has developed a national reputation for excellence in meeting the needs of the adoption community by providing early intervention, educational resources and ongoing mental health support that significantly impacts the lives, stability and permanency of adoptive families. C.A.S.E. is privileged to be able to nurture, inspire and empower anyone whose life is touched by foster care and adoption. With five offices across Washington, D.C metro area, we are the leading regional provider of pre-and-post adoption support serving more than 6,000 clinical clients to date.
Performs multiple clerical and administrative functions to ensure the operation of the agency in the evening. Assists all staff and clients to ensure safety during the evening shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responds to incoming calls on the designated main lines in a friendly and professional manner; transfers to voicemail, takes written messages, answers questions, gives directions.
2. Welcomes families and children upon their arrival to the C.A.S.E. office in a friendly and professional manner and notifies appropriate therapist.
3. Ensures work is completed by set completion date.
4. Practices good communication within C.A.S.E and among staff through verbal, paper and email methods.
5. Uses building intercom service, ensures access to clients after business hours.
6. Performs “Closing the Office” procedures.
7. Assists in preparation for seminars, workshops and board meetings as needed.
8. Provides administrative assistance to management level staff.
9. Assist in processing publication orders.
10. Assists with agency wide event preparation including, but not limited to the Kan Conf , Annual Gala , and the Golf event.
11. Accepts and completes payment transactions for counseling, training, publications, etc.
12. Ensures safety of clients who are children while waiting in waiting area or child care room.
13. Practices and maintains confidentiality.
14. Demonstrates a caring professional attitude and behavior toward clients.
15. Promotes cooperation and teamwork with other staff members.
16. Exhibits high standards of accuracy, workmanship including meeting deadlines, keeping accurate records and paying close attention to details.
• High school diploma or equivalency. Emphasis on business and technology skills
• Minimum of one (1) year experience as a front office receptionist and administrative assistance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Thorough working knowledge of contemporary business office and the ability to apply the concepts to a non-profit mental health environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Windows based PC environment and Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word, basic Excel; PowerPoint desirable.
• Working knowledge of how to efficiently and safely operate office equipment such as copier, printer, fax and multi-line phones.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with a wide audience of internal and external parties.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write reports and give oral presentations.
• Good organizational skills including attention to detail and follow-through and detailed filing skills.
• Good basic arithmetic skills including attention to detail and follow-through.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and changing demands with diplomacy and decorum.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external clientele at all levels of employees and management, existing and potential customers, contractors, vendors, and agencies.
• Ability to work in and constructively contribute to a harmonious cross-functional team work environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: $14.50 per hour
Benefits: Personal Time Off (PTO) and Holiday Leave
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com and state ‘Evening Receptionist’ in the subject line.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe deeply in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Our passionate and dedicated staff and Board of Directors are guided by the following core values:
• Commitment to Empowerment & Collaboration
• Culture of Innovation and Excellence
• Dedication to Inclusivity and Accountability
CLOSES: When filled.