NTI Enrollment Instructions for Mental Health Professionals
Please PRINT these instructions before you begin
Follow instructions below to enroll in the National Adoption Competency Mental Health Training for Mental Health professionals (NTI).
NOTE: If you are NOT a new user and were enrolled in the NTI Child Welfare training you do not need to follow the instructions below for setting up a new profile. Click here and view page 6 of the guide booklet for instruction on adding NTI for Mental Health Professionals to your existing training profile.
To enroll follow these 6 simple steps:
- Find your cohort ID below. Each pilot state has unique cohort IDs. Click on your state name below which will bring you to another document containing cohort IDs. Determine which cohort ID best describes you as a participant. Jot down the ID as you will need to enter this code in your profile in step #4. If you have difficulty determining which cohort ID you should use, please contact the implementation specialist listed at the top of your state cohort ID list.
2. Preview how you will set up your training profile at the University of Maryland website. After you see what you will be asked to do, you will be directed to the website in Step #3
On the website main page you will select ‘first time user’. See screenshot below.
The next page will ask you to select your program category from a dropdown box. Select the ‘National Adoption Competency Mental Health Training Initiative NTI’. This is the third item listed. It is important that you select this specific training. If you select the incorrect training, you will need to contact helpdesk to have them correct your profile. This could take up to 24 hours.
3. Begin these steps now. Click https://theinstitute.umaryland.edu/
- Select first time user
- Select the training program (National Adoption Competency Mental Health Training Initiative – NTI)
4. Complete your profile. Enter your name, state, and other demographic information. There are two fields that require your special attention. See screenshot below.
- Use the cohort id that you noted in step #1
- Select the Training you are taking – NTI for Mental Health Professionals
- Create your password. You will be creating a password associated with your training account. Your profile id is the email address that you used when you set up your profile. Please enter your personally created password two times. Make sure that you write down this password for future reference.
6. Begin the training by clicking the NTI logo on the right side of page seen in screenshot below.
Before each module, you are required to take a pretest. Once the pretest is completed, the module content will become available. In order to count a module as ‘completed’, you will need complete and pass the posttest at the end of the module.
Troubleshooting: For more details on getting started or common issues and questions please view this User Guide.
Additional Resources for all users: NTI Training TIP Sheets
You can access the helpful TIP sheets that will accompany each training module here: