Please PRINT these instructions before you begin
NOTE: If you are NOT a new user and were enrolled in the NTI Child Welfare training you do not need to follow the instructions below for setting up a new profile. Click here and view page 6 of the guide booklet for instruction on adding NTI for Mental Health Professionals to your existing training profile.
To enroll follow these steps:
- Find your cohort ID below. Click on your state name below which will bring you to another document containing cohort IDs. Determine which cohort ID best describes you as a participant. Jot down the ID as you will need to enter this code.
2. Preview how you will set up your training profile at the University of Maryland website. On the website main page you will select ‘first time user’. See screenshot below.
Select the ‘National Adoption Competency Mental Health Training Initiative NTI’.
3. Begin these steps now. Click https://theinstitute.umaryland.edu/
4. Complete your profile. Enter your name, state, and other demographic information. There are two fields that require your special attention. See screenshot below.
- Use the cohort id that you noted in step #1
- Select the Training you are taking – NTI for Mental Health Professionals
- Create your password. Make sure that you write down this password for future reference.
- Begin the training by clicking the NTI logo.
If needed, please see the User Guide.