$5,000 SIGNING BONUS AVAILABLE
C.A.S.E. is seeking an experienced, insightful strategic operational leader to oversee the organizations’ client serving program operations. The DPO contributes to the successful achievement of C.A.S.E.’s mission and strategic initiatives by providing leadership that ensures the delivery of competent quality services, driving continuous quality improvement, best practice, operational/organizational efficiencies and strategic growth. Reporting to the CEO, the DPO is responsible for growing service markets, optimizing and integrating sustainable program operations, leading operational refinement, coach and develop a talented team to ensure we have the resources to deliver the specialized services our reputation is built upon.
• Participate as a member of the senior management team to formulate and implement policies and plans to meet the organizations short term and long-term strategic goals.
• Uses innovative, evidenced informed and technological advancement strategies to plan and direct the daily direct service operations.
• Lead performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for all service operations.
• Provide direct oversight of organizational development and evaluation to ensure effective services are administered and provided to target populations within surrounding communities.
• Ensures behavioral healthcare services maintain and grow in a changing environment this includes efficient systems, procedures and financial controls.
• Generate revenue sustainably and efficiently while ensuring high quality, client -focused care.
• Supports overall strategic goals of the organization and identifies sustainable and efficient growth opportunities in alignment with mission and culture.
• Fosters a positive, collaborative environment that leverages employee talents, growth, experience, interests and diversity to reach organizational goals.
• Develops and implements business plans to advance innovative, forward thinking behavioral health services that meet the needs of the community being served.
• Guides outcomes, research and evaluation.
• Facilitates the opening of satellite offices as needs are identified.
• Builds strong collaborations with local and state child welfare jurisdictions for contracting services.
• Monitoring budget compliance for all contracts.
• Assures compliance with local government and funder contract requirements for delivery of clinical and case management services.
• Participates with senior management in program development, grant writing, goal planning, budget development analysis, program evaluation, development of personnel and program policies and practices.
• Passionate commitment to the mission and values of C.A.S.E.
• A Master’s Degree, PsyD or PhD social work, marriage and family therapy, psychology with focus in Child and Adolescent Mental Health, License in related clinical field required.
• A minimum of ten years’ experience in non -profit healthcare with proven leadership, team-based operations and budgetary accountability.
• Demonstrated experience as a leader with responsibility for strategy, operations and leadership development.
• A motivational leader with demonstrated experience fostering trust and professional advancement of staff.
• Entrepreneurial with experience developing and implementing innovative healthcare initiatives.
• Experience in effectively scaling operations to achieve strategic priorities and growth.
• A strategic thinker with an analytic bent and focus on outcomes, finances and impact
• Excellent judgement and sound decision making.
• Exceptional organizational, oral and written communicative skills are essential.
• Proficiency in public speaking to increase service visibility and utilization.
• Experience managing professional relationships with contractors and expertise in planning for contract growth and expansion.
• Experience in building strong collaborative teams and externally engage and maintain a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Demonstrated commitment to learning about and enhancing practices related to racial equity and the impact of structural racism on healthcare systems.
• Demonstrated ability to be responsive to changing priorities and handling of multiple initiatives.
Salary: Salary Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Competitive benefits including medical, sick leave and vacation, 403(B) retirement and short/long term disability. Flexible hours.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com and state DOP in the subject line.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe deeply in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Position Closes December 5, 2020
Our passionate and dedicated staff and Board of Directors are guided by the following core values: