This webinar offers practical guidance for parents and professionals on how to create and sustain developmentally appropriate conversations about race in the context of racism and its intersection with transracial adoption. The emphasis of this presentation will be on acknowledging that race matters, keeping lines of communication open, being honest about the challenges, and understanding the effects of the current racial landscape on both children and adults.
Participants will be able to:
1. Describe four types of racism and understand how they impact adults and children.
2. Explain the difference between race, culture and ethnicity.
3. Explore privilege and how it applies in the context of transracial adoption.
4. Identify stereotypes, cultural appropriation and microagressions as applied to adopted children of color.
5. Utilize an action plan for how to talk with children about race and racism including painful truths, violence, incarceration and immigration.
6. Create an action plan for interrupting racism.
Join us LIVE on Thursday, October 19th, 2017 at 1:00 – 2:30PM EST
Extended Access October 19 – November 15, 2017
CEUs are now available upon request for attendees of the LIVE webinar event. Learn more
Thanks to Jockey Being Family, Jockey International we are able to provide free registrations to the first 300 registrants! Free registration is now FULL. Registration is still available for $25.00.
Be first to know this month’s free coupon code, sign up for our monthly e-newsletter.