C.A.S.E. is looking for a Post Adoption Intake Coordinator(s) to serve in the Northern Virginia area who have a passion for serving children in foster care who have been adopted. The Post-Adoption Intake Coordinator will be responsible for overall coordination of all intake information and referrals for post-adoption case management services across the Northern, Western and Piedmont regions of the State; representing the agency as primary point of contact with referring agencies (i.e. Virginia Department of Social Services). This position will serve to complete all referral and intake information and will disseminate timely referrals to Regional Directors as well as managing data for the intake process for grant reporting and providing necessary follow up for families contacted who decline services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Promptly receive and complete all necessary referral information for sufficient dissemination to Regional Directors and/or case managers within two business days of receiving referral.
2. Follow up with referral source regarding any incomplete or missing referral information to obtain complete information before dissemination to Regional Directors and/or case managers.
3. Provides excellent customer service and interfacing with families and referral sources to explain services, referral and intake process.
4. Manages all assigned referrals for the Northern, Piedmont and Western regions of the State to ensure they were received by the Regional Directors and/or case managers.
5. Coordinates with Regional Directors to ensure referrals were assigned timely and families contacted with the time frames established by the grant. Works to problem solve barriers to timely referral assignments.
6. Prepares initial files for case managers at C.A.S.E when a family accepts services.
7. Responsible for being highly responsive to communications from county, state agencies and families regarding a wide array of inquiries.
8. Ensures all referrals are complete and up to date, accurate and data inputted in a timely fashion in database system.
9. Maintains and monitors referral and intake data for entire program; runs reports for the Director and VDSS as required.
10. Coordinates with Regional Directors to obtain additional data for the program as needed for quality monitoring as requested by the Director.
11. Provide post-adoption education and access to resources via mailed informational packets to all families who decline services.
12. Participates in file reviews of case records regularly at least once per quarter to ensure quality and compliance of files.
13. Attends team meetings, group and individual supervisions with the Program Director and keeps PD informed of significant changes in status of intakes/referrals.
14. Participates in case management coverage if necessary.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Attends and actively participates in a variety of internal and/or external meetings, committees, and/or events which are related to the agency’s clients, mission, and/or its employees; such as but not limited to, All Staff Meetings, employee annual and or ad-hoc benefits meetings, agency galas, etc.
2. Note: Must occasionally attend specific agency functions in the evening and/or on weekends. Extensive local travel is required.
3. Supports the program’s operational philosophy, goals and objectives congruent with the mission, values, vision and strategic direction of C.A.S.E.
4. Performs other related duties as may be required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a field related to social work such as sociology, psychology, special education or counseling;
• Three years of experience in foster care, foster care adoption, adoptions or post-adoption services and prior case management experience.
• Data Management experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Understanding and working knowledge of the field of human service with a special emphasis on foster care children.
• Understanding and working knowledge in interfacing with private and public social service systems.
• Possesses high level of understanding of child welfare client population.
• Thorough working knowledge and demonstrated expertise in developing community/organizational partnerships.
• Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work with a wide audience of internal and external parties.
• Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proper grammar and spelling. Ability to write professional reports, business correspondence and give oral presentations, as may be needed.
• Good organizational skills including attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through; including working knowledge and hands-on practice of efficient filing systems,
• Good basic arithmetic skills including attention to detail and follow-through.
• Skilled in the use of Windows based PC environment and Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, WORD, EXCEL; PowerPoint preferred.
• Ability to quickly learn and efficiently, effectively and accurately utilize job and/or industry specific software tools and applications necessary for the job.
• Strong sense of creativity, independent and self-motivation, enthusiasm for job and agency.
• Ability to analyze, isolate and define problem areas; seeks creative and effective solutions to organizational problems.
• Ability to recognize and act in situations where guidance from manager is needed and appropriate.
• Ability to be highly responsive to inquiries and communications from county agencies and families.
• Ability to consistently work with accuracy; meets deadlines and keeps accurate records.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and shift focus with poise, and in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
• Ability to use typical business office equipment such as PC, phones, calculators, copy and fax machines.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and changing with diplomacy and decorum.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external clientele at all levels of employees and management, existing and potential clients, customers, contractors, vendors, and agencies.
• Ability to work in and constructively contribute to a harmonious cross-functional team work environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com