NTI Enrollment Instructions for Mental Health Professionals
Follow instructions below to enroll in the National Adoption Competency Mental Health Training for Mental Health professionals (NTI).
NOTE: If you are NOT a new user and were enrolled in the NTI Child Welfare training you do not need to follow the instructions below for setting up a new profile. Click here and view page 6 of the guide booklet for instruction on adding NTI for Mental Health Professionals to your existing training profile.
To enroll follow these simple steps:
1. Visit the website https://theinstitute.umaryland.edu.
On the right side you will select that you are a ‘first time user’.
2. Select NTI training program. Use the dropdown box to choose your program category. Select the ‘National Adoption Competency Mental Health Training Initiative NTI’. This is the third item listed. It is important that you select this specific training. If you select the incorrect training, you will need to contact helpdesk to have them correct your profile. This could take up to 24 hours.
3. Complete your profile. Enter your name, state, and other demographic information. There are two fields that require your special attention.
· Locate your cohort ID. Cohort IDs can be found by state. It is important that you select the correct cohort ID. Please click on the below link that corresponds with your state to locate your cohort ID. If you have difficulty determining which cohort ID you should use, please contact the implementation specialist listed at the top of your state cohort ID list.
· At the bottom of the page under ‘NTI Training Category’, select the ‘NTI forMental Health Professionals’ training.
4. Complete evaluation consent waiver. After completing your profile, a screen will appear asking if you would like to participate in an evaluation regarding NTI. Participation is voluntary. As part of the pilot, we would love to hear your feedback as it will inform revision of the curriculum!
5. Begin the training. You are now able to begin the training which is live on April 2, 2018. Before each module, you are required to take a pretest. Once the pretest is completed, the module content will become available. In order to count a module as ‘completed’, you will need complete and pass the posttest at the end of the module.
For more details on getting started or common issues and questions please view this User Guide.