THIS IS A 30 HOUR PER WEEK POSITION WITH BENEFITS
DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES
The Center for Adoption Support and Education (C.A.S.E) is an innovative nonprofit leader in the provision of mental health and educational services for the foster care and adoption community. C.A.S.E. seeks a dynamic, energetic Director of Human Resources to join our leadership team. The Director of Human Resources will maintain and enhance the organization’s human resources and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of human resources including recruitment, orientation, retention, compensation, benefits, performance management, worker’s compensation and employee relations/recognition.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
1. Plans, develops and evaluates human resources related initiatives that support organizational strategic goals and culture.
2. Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal, state and local legislation regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, American with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Worker’s Comp, FLSA (wage and hour laws) and Occupational and Safety Health Act.
3. Provides administrative guidance for the development, implementation and communication of our organizational policies and procedures ensuring compliance with labor laws, guidelines and regulations.
4. Serves as the primary resource to management team and staff on all aspects of human resources including development of job descriptions, recruitment, hiring, and performance management.
5. Manages the employee insurance benefits and leave plans, including the oversight of the 403(b) retirement plan. Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation and benefits policies and packages and makes recommendations to CEO and CFO as appropriate and necessary.
6. Coordinates with the CEO, CFO and managers regarding annual budgets for Human Resources.
7. Monitors, revises and annually updates Employee Handbook and other policy manuals.
8. Proactively stays abreast of human resources trends and discusses revisions with relevant management members. Develops and implements policies, systems and practices that are aligned with organization’s goals.
9. Coaches and trains managers in communication, feedback, recognition and interaction responsibilities with direct reports.
10. Oversees the administration of employee satisfaction measurements and share insights with the leadership team.
11. Offers consultation, mediation and resolution to employees and management.
12. Works closely with the management team to create, implement and monitor staff development program.
13. Serves as the point of contact and liaison for all general and liability insurance needs of the agency including, but not limited to: professional liability, Directors and Officers liability, property and casualty insurance and Workers Comp.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related degree. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred. Human Resources certifications such as, SPHR and PHR are a plus.
• A minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist, preferably in a private non-profit organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Thorough hands-on working knowledge and expertise in all major areas of Human Resources including but not limited to: employee benefits management and administration; compensation management and salary administration; performance management; full cycle recruitment and staffing; employee and management relations; employee recognition and engagement; effective exit strategies and processes; and development and implementation of policies, procedures and bet practices.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Windows based PC environment and Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with a wide audience of internal and external parties.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write reports and give oral presentations.
• Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and follow-through.
• Ability to work in and constructively contribute to a harmonious cross-functional team work environment.
C.A.S.E. offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, and vision insurance; 403 (B) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; generous leave and opportunities for professional development in a friendly, flexible work environment. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. C.A.S.E. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.