The Live, Learn, Lead (3L) Academy is a 15-18-month bridge program designed to address the complex needs of foster youth between the ages of 17-24 who are transitioning or “aging out” of the foster care system in Montgomery County.
The services that are provided include guidance on effective education, work and living in the community, and support and help when the youth face crises that are an inevitable part of their transition to adulthood and independence.
The 3L Academy works to help members build relationships and develop skills that strengthen their ability to function well in the community. This is accomplished through a variety of classes, training experiences, and counseling – all activities that fully engage the youth on a one-to-one basis. The services provided by the 3L Academy provide members with tools for success. These services include:
- Hands-On Life Skills Coaching and Case Management
- Referrals for education, employment, substance use prevention and treatment, housing, child care, and other safety net services
- Life Skills Building through one-on-one and group coaching, classes, and activities
- Emotional Support around issues of transition and emergent challenges; and
- Mental Health Services via the C.A.S.E. nationally recognized “Adoption Competent Mental Health Services” model
Read our 3L members’ stories.