PolicyWorks, Ltd. is an independent, non-partisan program evaluation and policy research firm based in central Virginia. Established in 1995 by Dr. Anne Atkinson, PolicyWorks, Ltd. is respected for its independent needs assessments, program evaluations, and policy analyses as well as its development of numerous publications and curricula that have effectively strengthened front-line professional practices in the fields of education, child welfare, criminal justice, and prevention.
PolicyWorks, Ltd., as a partner with the Center for Adoption Support and Education, rigorously evaluates the TAC. The TAC evaluation produces objective evidence on TAC program performance that has continued to inform and strengthen the TAC. In addition, PolicyWorks, Ltd. is currently conducting a rigorous study to assess the effects of the TAC on the quality and effectiveness of clinical services and outcomes for client families and children. Key areas of inquiry are:
- Client perceptions of treatment delivery and views regarding their therapists’ sensitivity to their needs and concerns.
- Quality of the relationship/alliance between therapist and client.
- Evidence of improvements in family well-being.
- Evidence of improvements in functioning of children/youth.
- Evidence of differences in performance of mental health professionals who have and have not completed adoption competency training.